I love to bake. Its one of the few "lifestlye lolita" traits I take part in. So I figured it was high time I shared some of my recipes with my readers!
I made these cookies for a cookie swap party and they were a huge hit. They have a mild orange flavor that goes perfect with the chocolate chips.
2 and 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, densely packed
Fresh grated orange rind of a whole orange
Fresh squeezed juice from a whole orange
Chocolate chips of your choice (dark, milk, bittersweet, etc)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and orange rind in a medium bowl. Mix and set aside.
3. Combine sugars in a large bowl.
4. Add butter and mix well.
5. Add eggs, orange extract, and orange juice and mix well.
6. Add dry mixture, blend until just combined.
7. Add desired amount of chocolate chips. (The more the better imo)
8. Drop by spoonful onto wax lined cookie sheet.
9. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies a light brown around edges.
10. Allow to cool.
Happiness, by Takemoto Novala
5 weeks ago